At Calumet Park, we believe there is no greater privilege than to honor a veteran and their family. Our entire staff is committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing funeral help for veterans and their loved ones, including delivering the appropriate veteran funeral services and memorials, often at significant savings. Our years of experience in planning military services and making funeral arrangements for veterans help assure you get the veteran funeral benefits of which you are entitled.
Calumet Park can:
- Complete applications for all veteran funeral benefits including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and a veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Confirm and coordinate any existing paid pre-plan funding benefits which may cover any expenses deemed ineligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
Veteran Funeral Benefits
We are available for consultation, advice and to provide a complete list of your available benefits. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Traditional veteran funeral service
- 18-gauge steel casket with flag panel from Batesville
- Veteran salute vault from Wilbert
- Free government marker installation and granite backer when needed
- Memorial package including register book, thank you cards, gloves for pall bearers, laminated prayer cards, a cross or crucifix and a memorial personalized DVD
- A flower allowance
- Free grave in Veteran Section at Calumet Park Cemetery, or a $1,000 credit to be used for a property of greater value
- Interest free financing on pre-needs, with no credit checks or turndowns
- Cremation at Calumet Park’s crematories
Who is Eligible for Veteran Funeral Benefits
Any veteran who has been honorably discharged is owed not only our thanks, but veteran funeral benefits with full military honors, if they choose. Among those eligible are:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under honorable conditions
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under honorable conditions
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty
Anyone applying for veteran funeral benefits or discounts must bring in a DD-214 showing honorable discharge.
Visit our Resources page for more information on veteran benefits.
Explore Calumet Park
It's easy to lose yourself in the park's vast beauty and attention to service. There is no place more fitting to honor a loved one.