Air Scattering (IL, IN, WI, MI)
A growing number of people are choosing cremation without any burial or stagnant wishes to be kept on a mantel – that is why Air Scattering is the popular choice. Air Scattering is perfect closure for those seeking freedom & serenity.
Air Scattering is growing in popularity because of the freedom and serenity it represents.
Calumet Park Cemetery is unique in that we are the only ones in the area who can offer cremation scattering by aircraft. If requested, a loved one’s cremains can be scattered in the air from our own private plane, such as over Lake Michigan while family and friends watch from the beach. A service that includes scattering cremains can be a unique and memorable way to remember someone.
Calumet Park’s rules pertaining to air scattering, in accordance with Indiana state law, are as follows:
- Scattering must take place in Indiana only and within 100 miles of Calumet Park Cemetery
- Scattering may take place over private land with written permission of the land owner
- Scattering can take place over public land such as a national or state park, or over public waterways such as Lake Michigan
- The latitude and longitude of the location will be recorded for personal files of the deceased
- Cremains must be reduced to the size of BB’s
Calumet Park offers this service using its own plane and pilot, so that your loved one’s cremains are never out of our possession.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.